1. Comments will be moderated. That is not negotiable. I am the moderator and blog owner. I'm human, just as you are, and I don't make a secret of my biases against systems that promote inequality and the people that advocate such systems. However, I will do my best to utilize guidelines 2 & 3 when deciding whether to publish or reject (Blogspot's terminology) your comments.
2. Comments which will be published include those which:
- Address what the story actually said, and which are framed respectfully.
- Engage the writer of that story in further discussion about the events described in the story
- Offer an alternative point of view in a constructive, respectful manner
3. Comments which will be rejected include those which:
- Do not address what the story actually said, and/or which are framed disrespectfully.
- Attempt to create a debate from the story (that's what forums are for) .
- Constitute only a message to another commenter (that's what e-mail is for)
- Constitute your own "Badge of Honor" story. Please follow the instructions for submitting your story so that it becomes a blog entry.
- Criticize the reason for this blog's existence, that existence itself, and/or those who tell their stories for having told them (find a blog or forum designed for that).
- Complain about my comment moderation, though if you ask me to reconsider something, I will take that request under advisement. I simply won't interrupt the comment flow with your request.
I have already rejected a couple of comments for one or more of these reasons and make no apology for doing so. It is possible that further comment and/or post removals will be made in the very near future.
Thank you for visiting "A Badge of Honor" and for abiding by these guidelines if you choose to comment on a story.